Warlock vs Dragon Soul [4.3 GUIDE] - Page 5
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Warlock vs Dragon Soul [4.3 GUIDE]

Quote Originally Posted by Dibs View Post
    Hi, new to lock and thought your guides were excellent. Just wondering what situation would call for a Bane Demo spec(0/31/10) over the corruption spec(3/31/7)?
    3/31/7 is for pure single target fights, like Ultraxion (Morchok with no mutli dotting, Ultraxion, Zon'ozz if you dont do much damage on eyes)
    0/31/10 is for multi target fights

That's about it!

Hi again... sparkuggz

i try spine and have a new problem

we kill a Hideous Amalgamation with 15% debuff and i stay with CD on Demon Form ~13sec on Burning Tendons.

in destro i make low dps with BoW(

my team does not want wait my CD because they fear damage from Corrupted Blood

I do not know what I should do

in destro max damage what i can do is 600,000. i really dont have idea

Oh well... 1 of my guild mates (lock) manages to do a nice burst as affli. You can do this by soul swapping full curses to the tendon and that will give u a high damage done. However, demonology still owns in that fight. But i'll let sparko answer that question for you =P

Quote Originally Posted by Mnemos View Post
    Hi again... sparkuggz

i try spine and have a new problem

we kill a Hideous Amalgamation with 15% debuff and i stay with CD on Demon Form ~13sec on Burning Tendons.

in destro i make low dps with BoW(

my team does not want wait my CD because they fear damage from Corrupted Blood

I do not know what I should do
    No point to go destruction, it's really bad. Affliction can do okayish, at this point with 15% it really doesn't matter that much.

If you progress as demonology, try to spread immolate to get molten core procs, even try go heavier haste setups. I assume your raid wants the 4% SP buff?

hm i try go in affli. thx

about my raid... i rly dont know what they want!

Hello Sparkuggz, I want to thank you for your investment in the warlock community ;)

I play destruction and I use Insigna (410) and WoU (403) for trinkets. I obtained not long ago the Cunning (410), and after some simulations, it turns out that the Cunning & Insigna give me more dps.
    Personnaly I think that I should use these both only on aoe fights, and WoU and Insigna on mono.
    What do you think ?

Ty

Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post
    Hello Sparkuggz, I want to thank you for your investment in the warlock community ;)

I play destruction and I use Insigna (410) and WoU (403) for trinkets. I obtained not long ago the Cunning (410), and after some simulations, it turns out that the Cunning & Insigna give me more dps.
    Personnaly I think that I should use these both only on aoe fights, and WoU and Insigna on mono.
    What do you think ?

Ty
    I never bothered to investigate it, as we have no cunnings dropping. Per say on the BIS list with Simcrafts setup, they do say IOTCM + WoU. But since yours is 403 ilvl version, i assume that Cunning might outdo it, even for destruction. I think i've seen 10 different lists of BIS trinkets for warlocks for each spec, some saying this some saying that.

Just remember a lot of factors when you sim (fight length, buffs, etc)

By how much DPS does it tell you HC Cunning is versus WoU 403? I guess HC cunning could outdo 403 WoU even for destruction on a single target fight.

AOE wise, you never get around cunning, it's just simple sometimes your 2nd-4th highest damage spell, and often times it outdoes your AOE spell itself. No point to bother with any multi dot / aoe fights without it :D
    Last edited by Sparkuggz; 26th April 2012 at 04:38.

Thanks for the answer.

With Simcraft, IOTCM + CoC give me 400 more dps. So I think i'm gonna use these both since I drop the HC WoU :)
    Last edited by Aegon; 27th April 2012 at 14:55.

Thank you for a great guide.
    My question: You said that after the nerf we can use affliction spec for spine, how do you deal with the burst damage required for the tendons? How much damage is acceptable from an affliction warlock on the tendons on each opening? My guess is that you do a soul swap from the amalgamation, use synapse springs and DS then soul swap to tendons? Would you just drain soul after that or SB? Would you go to mele range and shadowflame on cd as well?
    My understandding, generaly, DS must be applied before applying dots excluding Bane of Doom which is not affected with DS is that correct? so if i need to multi dot I should use DS then start doting?
    For Warmaster fight while using affliction, an effective way to quickly damage the sapper is again using the same method above for tendons?

I have (HC) Cunning, (N)WoU and (N) IOCM. Should I use hc cunning and WoU for all fights in DS hc? for warmaster I find it a little difficult to keep WoU always up specialy for sapper as sometimes all mobs are dead before he lands.

Another question which is a bit far off: In your opinion, how much effect does a latency of say 400ms would have on my dps compared to someone with similar gear with 50ms?

Thanks in advance for your help and sorry if my questions seem too trivial.
    Last edited by Simbad; 1st May 2012 at 21:49.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast