11th March 2012, 23:38
First of all thanks alot for the all the effort you've put into writing this guide. It's great help for any warlock who's into any kind of raiding I would say. I was wondering if you could make a screenshot of your UI when you are in action with some circles around the visuals (pop ups from PowerAuras for example) of the addons you use.
I'm new to the class and I figured some sort of UI setup is required to achieve the best performances in raids by being able to spot/process important information.
Thanks in advance,
14th March 2012, 23:20
I'll see if i can do such things the coming week+!
Originally Posted by Durty
15th March 2012, 03:53
Hi sparkuggz. I am a lock enthuiest. Its the only class I play and I have 7 of them on same server and faction lol. I know I KNOW. my question is what is your typical destro rotation for DS. after watching your vids and seeing your dps vs my measly 27k I am ashamed of myself. any help would be greatly appreciated. I know your grear is much bettehr than mine but it can;t make that much of difference. I am currently 398 equiped.
15th March 2012, 16:55
Key factors as destruction
Originally Posted by destroholic
- Keeping Conflagerate off CD at all times, its really important.
- Close to 100% uptime on SMF (Soul Fire) buff. Precast it earlier then "last call" if you aren't too secure with the timers, loosing this buff fucks you up. Soul Fire still does damage, and i have this theory that most people wait too long with recasting it, instead of playing it safe and having it hit 1-2+ secs too early...
- Don't chaos bolt during heroism (if spell goes under 0,9 sec cast)
- Recast immolate when you get heroism + right before it ends
The most destruction warlocks i help, their up time on SMF in logs just hits 50-60% vs. the 95%+ you should have.
Obviously gear says something, but you can try to sim your warlock to compare what you are able to output!
16th March 2012, 02:10
thank you bud I will give it all a try
17th March 2012, 15:00
Hi sparkuggz. i have 392 ilvl and Tithak LFR , and usually play in destro and affli because i think in my gear i have low mastery (max bonus dps with full reforge in mastery = 38%) so i dont play in demon ( only on Ultra and Yor - in demon). On Morchok H and ZonOzz H, Spine N i do dps like a raid member in 398 gear , but cant do same dps on other bosses. I don't understand what i do wrong, and need help.
On Hagara i have extremely low dps (20k) vs raid members 30-35k . Spec on this fight - destro
if it can help. proof WoL ( http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/87471/ )
my trinkets : 1. WoU(LFR) 2. Bottled Wishes
Мнэмос - Azuregos RU
Last edited by Mnemos; 17th March 2012 at 21:59.
17th March 2012, 23:43
Morchok 25 HC Destruction POV
Morchok 25 HC
New point of view this week, from Morchok as Destruction!
I'll look at it this weekend.
Last edited by Sparkuggz; 17th March 2012 at 23:53.
18th March 2012, 09:16
Bane of Havoc at work. rly destro warlock fight. but rly boring boss)
18th March 2012, 18:03
Originally Posted by Mnemos
50 intellect on bracers
50 int gems x 2 on bracers
50 int gem on ring
50 int gem on shoulders instead of blue
I know you have issues with hit cap, but mastery + speed on boots is pretty nifty for fights exactly like Hagara...
go 17% hit > 2681 haste > mastery > crit > haste
- in your ilvl i think going full haste is even more DPS
Get rid of your staff, its really bad for DPS, you should go for Lightning Rod or Madness Dagger any day over that staff. Lightning rod is the most DPS on single target fights for sure.
Your spec + glyphs are wrong
- Glyph of Immolate + Glyph of Imp + Glyph of Conflagerate is a must have
- Specwise, you should go 3 / 7 / 31 - get rid of Doom and Gloom + Improved Life Tap and get Mana Feed from the demonology tree instead!
Logs are in russian, but your Глубокий ожог души uptime is 70%, try to aim for 100% uptime on Глубокий ожог души as it's a huge DPS loss. Hardcast it earlier to be sure it doesn't fall off, it may help greatly.
Few quick tips as destruction
- Redo immolate with haste procs (heroism etc)
- Don't chaos bolt below 0,9 cast on it
- 100% uptime on Глубокий ожог души (SMF)
- Conflagerate on CD!
Hope this will help your adventures as a destruction warlock!
Last edited by Sparkuggz; 18th March 2012 at 18:07.
18th March 2012, 21:52
thanks for the detailed response. You did a rly great job