MoP Warlock Guide - Page 16
Page 16 of 78 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast

Thread: MoP Warlock Guide

Could you please just mention what specs you guys are playing for each Heart of Fear fight?

I don't know if this has been covered in the previous posts, but Dark Bargain is a really good ability and you can easily avoid most of the damage it deals (PvE perspective). If you have speced in Dark Bargain you can macro it with Twilight Ward and since Dark Bargain effect damage is shadow...

Quote Originally Posted by Soytza View Post
    @Fezzik:

EDIT: Also, how come a lot of warlock go for 13-14% hit instead of 15%?
    Because in theory you don't need 15% hit to maximize DPS. 1 hit value has a lower DPS value then 1 mastery for an example, meaning you can go below the hit cap to see an increase in DPS on a average of xx tries. One try you might get unlucky and miss 2 haunts thus resulting in worse DPS, but thats what you play around with when you go below hit cap. It's not as "important" to get hit capped as affliction, while the other specs need it!

Quote Originally Posted by Tyraen View Post
    Hi!
    I need a little help in aff, because i never did it before.
    I was always a des. lock therefor i ve mainly des. gear. My guild adviced to go aff, because des. is very low on dps.
    Now my problems are, that if im hit capped, i cant get haste cap with high mastery, if not is it worth to try it like that until i get better aff gear?
    And i ve a few other questions too. I ve read a lot of about aff, but i still have white spots.
    So what about soul swaping and haunting? If i run out of soul shards what should i do? Or do i ve to run out of it? The problem is that its written everywere to keep up all DoT-s with haunt. Do you use Fel Flame for this?
    I put my character in, maybe you can see something what i could not. :)
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Tyraen/simple
    Thank you for helping!
    Just aim for 12-14% hit and then reach the 4717 haste cap, rest mastery or try to simulate if the 10% unbuffed haste rest mastery is better. You have 481 ilvl, which makes me think 4717 should be possible now.

If you are out of shards, you just wait until you get a new shard from Nightfall, don't bother with drain soul unless you kill off mobs thats about to die.

With the current pandemic change on PTR:
    Pandemic no longer smooths the damage when extending dots with different amounts of spellpower.

How till this affect aff locks?

Cos as far as I understand it you can atm refresh dots in 3 ways to gain full effect from procs.
    1 Soulburn all 3 and expendig them
    2 Manuall refresh all 3 if u are out out soulshards
    3 Felflame to refresh CoA and corruption and then manually refresh Agony

But whit this change to pandemic there will no longer be any gain in doing this. Let the dots run off and reapply them to gain the extra stats u get from procs.
    So if this change makes it to live how do you master this to keep your DPS as it is, without taking a huge loss due to low upkeep or very RNG no how big dot ticks u get?

I play with my warlock since 2007 and I never asked such thing to anyone else, but since I know Sparkuggz and Varia are really pro players I would like to ask something awkward.

Now I really know I'm too noob dpsing with my warlock at least with Affliction. My ranks are too awfull. And I'm tired to don't figure out which it's the best way to I push more dps. I think I'm doing the perfect rotation but I'm not!

I did everthing, everthing... I'm constantly changing reforge, gems... I check alot of sites, all of them. I have tried wow reforge, AMR, reforgelite. And still nothing.

I did some many simulations crafts. But I'm so clueless with all this new warlock affliction system. Can you Sparkuggz or you Varia plz simulate my character and tell me which are the best gems for me and reforge?

I tried everthing such as:

Full mastery, 15% hit rating
    4198 haste rating, 15% hit rating
    4198 haste rating, 12-13% hit rating
    4717 haste rating, 12-13-14% hit rating
    4717 haste rating, 15% hit rating

I have change Intellect vs Mastery gems around 20 times.

I have spend around 20k gold only with switching reforges and gems all the time!

Can some of you guys please simulate my character and tell me which way I need to go on reforges and gems? Pretty please...

I have a warlock in my guild with 8% hit rating and owning meters and ranking top 20 in almost all bosses. It' so annoying see this, because the way how he reforge.

Increasingly hate this game, I'm tired and without strength to continue this journey if I can't pursue my path with my warlock.

I can't link my armory, but you can check: Armory Europe: Vort, Warlock, Guild RR inc

WOL: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-leiaxwj4ugu268lw/
    Last edited by Nomnom; 5th November 2012 at 16:37.

Quote Originally Posted by Soytza
    @Fezzik: Very nice post mate, helped me a lot, but can you try to explain what you mean by:

"Be sure to set a Soft Cap for haste of .1, to get over 10% haste (I use .206 to get over a 2nd plateau of 20%, feel free argue for/against that). And make sure your pre-cap haste weight (the box on the left) is higher than your other stats so MrRobot knows you want to hit the haste cap before anything else. You can set your soft capped weight to whatever your Simcraft says (perhaps lower than mastery, mine is usually higher though)."

What exactly am I supposed to put in?

EDIT: Also, how come a lot of warlock go for 13-14% hit instead of 15%?
    Thanks, glad it helped. Sorry I couldn't answer you earlier, I've been out of town the past few days.

In AskMrRobot, if you click the Edit Weights button it will take you to the window that lets you enter your custom weights, which you got from running simcraft. In simcraft they're called the Scale Factors and should be towards the top area of of the sim results (assuming you told simcraft to sim them which, if you followed my instructions, you did).

The first column of figures next to each stat is the actual scale factors. Enter exactly what Simcraft gave you for everything, except for haste and hit.

For haste, we have a soft cap, which you set in the text box in the 2nd column on the haste row. In the Soft Cap box you need to enter what you think is the appropriate soft cap. Most people will tell you, myself included, that 10% haste is the appropriate soft cap, so enter 10% in decimal form, which is 0.1 (if you entered 10, MrRobot thinks that's 1000% and it breaks). If you have enough gear, I think there's a second soft cap at 20.6% and you would enter 0.206. If you want my reasoning for the second haste soft cap, read my post about it a page or so back.

Now haste, unlike hit, is still valuable after you pass the cap, just not as valuable as before (hence it's a soft cap, not a hard cap). So, we need a second value for haste and that's what the next box is for, the Soft Capped Weight.

MrRobot uses the first weight up until you hit the cap and the second figure for after the cap. So, since we want to hit the soft cap before anything else, we set a higher figure for haste than any other stat, except INT, for the first weight and we can then set a lower figure (whatever simcraft told you) for the second weight.

For example, as of right now, I have Mastery and Haste showing an equal value of 2.17, after I reach the second haste soft cap of 20.6%. In order to get MrRobot to emphasize Haste until I get to 20.6%, I set the stat weight for haste in the first column to 2.44, higher than what simcraft suggests. In the 3rd column, I have the Soft Cap Weight set to 2.17, which is what simcraft suggests and is the same value as Mastery. So, MrRobot knows that I value Mastery and Haste the same, but only after I have 20.6% haste.

You can think of Hit in the same way. Simcraft will give you a hit value lower than haste and mastery. But, if you want to get closer to 15%, just increase the stat weight to make it closer to haste and mastery. You'll have to play with the numbers to get what you want, but it doesn't take long.

With my current stat weights, I have Hit set to 2.2. That's higher than Mastery and Haste, which are 2.17, but lower than INT (3.96) or my pre-soft cap haste (2.44). So, MrRobot knows I need to hit my haste soft cap first, then give a slight preference to Hit to get up 15%, then give haste and mastery an equal value.

Quote Originally Posted by Finken View Post
    With the current pandemic change on PTR:
    Pandemic no longer smooths the damage when extending dots with different amounts of spellpower.

But whit this change to pandemic there will no longer be any gain in doing this. Let the dots run off and reapply them to gain the extra stats u get from procs.
    So if this change makes it to live how do you master this to keep your DPS as it is, without taking a huge loss due to low upkeep or very RNG no how big dot ticks u get?
    quote from EJ :
    " There was a (buggy) mechanic in place that attempted to average out the effects of spell power procs when reapplying pandemic dots early, which they're removing in 5.1. It will now work the way you'd expect - reapplying a dot will cause it to fully recalculate the damage per tick, regardless of duration."

If that's true it's basically the other way around, refreshing dots with proccs will even be stronger because it apparently is not quite working like this on live

Hey,
    I really like your guide, but i got a problem with my affliction WL. Maybe you (or someone else) can help me and point out why i got those problems.
    When i calculate my DPS i should get around 38k DPS, but ingame i only get around 21k no matter how hard i try with the rotation.
    My char profile so you can see my items: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...C3%A1/advanced

I hope you (or somebody) can help me out :)

Greetz,

Hi Sparkuggz, any tip about maximizing dps on Gara'jal HC as Affliction?

Page 16 of 78 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast