Page 25 of 322 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575125 ... LastLast

Thread: MoP Fire Mage Guide

Quote Originally Posted by Particle View Post
    Thanks for the quick response, are you gents going to update w/ any arcane (lololo) or frost guides?
    Sorry to say but, god no, I hope I never have to play those tedious specs again ever in my life :D

me neither :) thanks again for all of your help, I started a thread on the US forums consolidating the questions that people have been asking in anticipation of the 5.2 release.

Let me know if there's anything that comes to mind that mages might need to know.

A while back in this thread you mentioned...

"Don't use Pyros as they come, wait for a Heating Up, then do Fireball and Pyro at the same time. Only use Pyro by itself if the proc is about to expire"

can you explain the logic behind this? Is this specifically for 4 set t15?

Just gonna copy and paste a message I sent to someone before who asked same thing:
    Hey, bare with me here, this is a bit hard to explain!

When you fire a Fireball and a Pyroblast at the same time, it technically doubles your chance to get further Pyroblasts/Heating Ups. The Heating Up effect doesn't fade immediately after not critting so lets look at it in this scenario:

- You have a Pyroblast and a Heating Up proc present
    - You then cast Fireball, and immediately use the Pyro proc
    - The Fireball which hits first does not crit
    - The Pyroblast which hits second (a few milliseconds after) does crit

What most people would assume is that, you would just end up now with a single Heating Up, because the fireball didn't crit right? In fact because the Heating Up doesn't fade immediately, it allows for the second attack to actually proc the Heating Up into a Pyroblast.

So in 3/4 scenarios you win:
    1. Fireball and Pyroblast both crit = You end up with another Pyroblast proc and Heating Up, so you can repeat the process.
    2. Fireball doesn't crit, but Pyro blast does = You end up with another Pyroblast proc, fish for a Heating Up proc and repeat the process.
    3. Fireball crits, but Pyro doesn't = You end up with another Pyroblast proc, fish for a Heating Up proc and repeat the process.
    4. Neither crit = You end up with no procs.

With good luck, you can maintain a rotation of Fireball -> Pyro -> Fireball -> Pyro for a decent amount of time. Another reason to do this playstyle is to use Inferno Blast less, remember that Inferno Blast is your lowest hitting spell which causes your Ignites to be lower. Doing this method will give higher average Ignites due to chaining spells within close timeframes.

Hope this helps!

So awesome, thanks for the response

Theres been some discussion regarding 5.2 BiS and wouldn't the Wulay trinket be better using that offset helmet?

Quote Originally Posted by lillbrorsan View Post
    Theres been some discussion regarding 5.2 BiS and wouldn't the Wulay trinket be better using that offset helmet?

Nah, I dunno about others, but hit rating isn't really an issue at all, if anything we are gonna have too much hit already. I don't need to reforge to get hit cap in 5.1 gear, in 5.2 I imagine we'd be reforging out of it completely.

Looking at the BiS list is there a reason you didnt pick the trinket from Lei-shen? as that proc fore a fire mage is pritty much our wet dream

When I am casting it seems to take a second to register heating up.

So I cast and get a heating up, inferno blast now I have one pyro on deck. Then I fish for another heating up. Usually I'm half way through my fireball when the HU procs. Should I stop the cast and Alter time? or let the cast complete?

Quote Originally Posted by aknos View Post
    Looking at the BiS list is there a reason you didnt pick the trinket from Lei-shen? as that proc fore a fire mage is pritty much our wet dream
    It's awful, for a start half of the proc goes to complete waste, and a four second proc duration is pretty bad compared to getting large int procs for decent durations.

Quote Originally Posted by Particle View Post
    When I am casting it seems to take a second to register heating up.

So I cast and get a heating up, inferno blast now I have one pyro on deck. Then I fish for another heating up. Usually I'm half way through my fireball when the HU procs. Should I stop the cast and Alter time? or let the cast complete?
    You should always do fireballs in between everything like:

Fireball (this one crits)
    Fireball
    Inferno Blast

Don't go, Fireball -> Inferno Blast.

Same thing for before Alter Time, you get Pyro + Heating up, then you do fireball, and pop macro.