Page 58 of 314 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068108158 ... LastLast

Thread: MoP Fire Mage Guide

Quote Originally Posted by Shaikala View Post
    Do you have any World of Logs from that fight? Might give me some suggestions to what I can do to improve my gameplay as a fire mage. Was so long since I played fire and my GM still thinks that frost would be best for me :p I wanna prove him wrong lol
    Sure, this is my last kill on Tortos 25HC: http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-ng...?s=4230&e=4647

Well that helped :) You use any addon to track which targets you have put NT on and how long it's left on them? I'm pretty sure that I need to use NT a lot more than what I'm doing since in most fights I have PB followed by FB as main damage spells.

Thanks for all advice!

Quote Originally Posted by Shaikala View Post
    Well that helped :) You use any addon to track which targets you have put NT on and how long it's left on them? I'm pretty sure that I need to use NT a lot more than what I'm doing since in most fights I have PB followed by FB as main damage spells.

Thanks for all advice!
    I use ForteXorcist on all chars for tracking DoTs, as well as tidyplates.

Hey Vykina,

Quick question regarding engineering on use:
    I'm wondering if it's worth it to wait for Combustion to come back off CD before using Synapse Springs. Do you normally use them off CD or line it up with Combust every time?

Hi Vykina,

Great guide, and it's really nice that you respond to so many people! Keep it up man, its very impressive!

I had a quick question - I've noticed that on most of my fights, my fireball damage is getting quite close to my pyroblast damage, but I don't think I'm doing anything wrong :o
    I've seen that you and Kuznam's fireball damage hangs around 15%, but mine is usually a lot higher. I've linked some of the logs from some of my raids, feel free to check them out, but it's ok if you can't be bothered! =)

I'm just wondering if that is a big problem, and if you can see if I'm doing something wrong instantly xD

worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-jwetxuq1a7go0av9/analyze/dd/source/?s=2663&e=3237

Here's a link to my mage aswell - eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/blades-edge/Vobb/advanced
    Thanks in advance!

Tons of attempts on heroic durumu tonight, probably only once or twice out of however many times was breath of the hydra up for the pull. Really odd, did they stealth nerf the RPPM for fire mages?

Default Vykina Combustionhelper setup

Hi Vykina,

Thank you for taking your time writing such a usefull guide. I have tried customizing the combustionhelper to look like yours, but i cant seem to remove the Black backdrop and border.

Could you share your UI or combustionhelper settings - this would be much appreciated! :)

-Sincerly a fan!

Quote Originally Posted by Scorchr View Post
    Hey Vykina,

Quick question regarding engineering on use:
    I'm wondering if it's worth it to wait for Combustion to come back off CD before using Synapse Springs. Do you normally use them off CD or line it up with Combust every time?
    Nah, use pretty much on CD.

Quote Originally Posted by Vob View Post
    Hi Vykina,

Great guide, and it's really nice that you respond to so many people! Keep it up man, its very impressive!

I had a quick question - I've noticed that on most of my fights, my fireball damage is getting quite close to my pyroblast damage, but I don't think I'm doing anything wrong :o
    I've seen that you and Kuznam's fireball damage hangs around 15%, but mine is usually a lot higher. I've linked some of the logs from some of my raids, feel free to check them out, but it's ok if you can't be bothered! =)

I'm just wondering if that is a big problem, and if you can see if I'm doing something wrong instantly xD

worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-jwetxuq1a7go0av9/analyze/dd/source/?s=2663&e=3237

Here's a link to my mage aswell - eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/blades-edge/Vobb/advanced
    Thanks in advance!
    It's just the difference in crit rating really, you didn't have that many Pyros or Pyro crits on that log, so your fireball will naturally be higher.

Quote Originally Posted by Behold View Post
    Tons of attempts on heroic durumu tonight, probably only once or twice out of however many times was breath of the hydra up for the pull. Really odd, did they stealth nerf the RPPM for fire mages?
    Nope, some things to note with proc trinkets is that they have an out of combat multiplier, so if you stay out of combat for 5 minutes, you have something like x16 chance for the trinket to proc on the pull, as well as this, are you using Bloodlust on the pull? That will increase the proc chance also, I generally do the opening BL in our raids, and I'll pop it straight after my initial Hardcast Pyroblast, that way BL is up instantly for DoT applications and the first spells.

Quote Originally Posted by Santrax View Post
    Hi Vykina,

Thank you for taking your time writing such a usefull guide. I have tried customizing the combustionhelper to look like yours, but i cant seem to remove the Black backdrop and border.

Could you share your UI or combustionhelper settings - this would be much appreciated! :)

-Sincerly a fan!
    I'll be releasing my UI soon, but in the settings you can customize it and switch the background/border style to None or Flat or something like that, and then turn the color's opacity down.

Btw , is it worth going for the legendary metagem ? I see the uptime is quite high but i was wondering

Quote Originally Posted by Breakee View Post
    Btw , is it worth going for the legendary metagem ? I see the uptime is quite high but i was wondering
    Yeah, it's pretty amazing.