MoP Unholy Death Knight Guide - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: MoP Unholy Death Knight Guide

Hey Raz.
    I'm pretty new to the Death Knight scenery, and I've been reading up on a lot of things.
    Currently in your guide I found a lot of valuable information, so major thumbs up.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean with when to use Festering strike tho, mainly cause I'm not sure with FF and BB are abbrievations for.

Also I'd like to ask which of the dps specs are the easiest to get best performance out of on fights like windlord hc and other 1 tank fights (I'm mainspecced blood and currently the offtank, and since we're a smaller 10man guild we don't have a dps on the sideline to put in.)

Hey,
    What do the Method Dks think about Patch 5.2? Is Unholy a little bit better than Frost now because of the Gargoyle Changes?
    And do you now reforge like this because of the Shadow Damge from the Gargoyle? Haste-Mastery-Crit?

what is your impression of PTR yet? by frost, and unholy death knight.

So I'm in an alt run on my dk and was curious about trinkets.

I highly doubt that we will ever kill a heroic boss. So the trinkets I'll have are relic, Le Shi Final Orders, Darkmist, and the Dominance Operation one.

How would you rank these 4 trinkets?

Has anyone messed around with UH on the PTR? Raz? Infeh? Or someone else. Seem closer to frost or still lacking a little bit?

Default frost vs unholy

ive seen a few rumours of how unholy will make a comeback in 5.2. im currently dw frost. and still going back and forth from 2h as several people say 2h is best overall in longer fights such as sha hc. but im not to sure.
    so i would be asking, how does frost dw stack up against 2h frost and 2h unholy in peoples opinion? as id like to get some good feedback so i can improve my game. also i currently stack mainly strength as dw. but theres not many detailed guides on frost on how to work it best, noxxic i take with a pinch of salt, and ask mr robot seems insane. so if any fellow dks or razie himself can give me some pointers on whats the best spec to be in 5.2. it would be greatly appreciated.
    thanks again all.
    sorry if im a noob with this question.

Improve quality of life for Unholy Death Knights. really meant it?

Frost
    Howling Blast now deals 8% more damage to the primary target. Damage to other enemies in the area-of-effect remains unchanged.
    Icy Talons now increases attack speed by 25% (was 20%).
    Might of the Frozen Wastes now increases melee damage by 15% (was 10%).
    Unholy
    Reaping now also applies to Icy Touch.
    Summon Gargoyle no longer costs Runic Power.
    Gargoyle Strike now also deals Shadow damage, in addition to Nature damage.
    Ebon Plaguebringer now causes Plague Strike to inflict Frost Fever, in addition to its other effects.
    Scourge Strike now deals 3.8% more damage.

Yes 3,8%!!! very big boost

Hey Raz, nice guide! Have a question, patch 5.2 brought some changes to UH DK which improved its dps overall in boss fights. Do you think there is a breakpoint (for example, X amount of Haste, Y type of fight) where UH shows better numbers than Frost? I've seen you and Infeh as UH and Frost throughout the progression so I guess you have found something regarding that point.

Thanks in advance!

hey raz do you mind re posting your tellmewhen profile for 5.2 ?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast