Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Holy Paladin gearing

Default Holy Paladin gearing

Hi guys new to forums, wonder if you could enlighten me on a few questions.

>>My current character<< (May need to relog gear when I get home from work)

I am currently going with the whole 4P PvP set bonus hype mainly because I haven't had the gear I want drop yet but also because it is very viable, the other holy paladin in my guild rapes with it and he only has the rare version.

1. Should I drop this ASAP for 2p PvE tier? I was planning on waiting till I can replace all PvP slots before I changed or rush for the 4p PvE bonus.

2. Trinket wise, I see several of your healers are already dropping their darkmoon decks to the heroic versions of Qin-Xi's and Spirits of the Sun trinkets, so far trying to make my crane deck I have finished 2 tigers, a ox and a serpent and dead realm is dead. Should I still try and get the card badly? My guild isnt exactly flying through progressions but I have the normal version of these 2 currently.

Any help would be mucho appreciated!
    Thanks,
    Jeddy.

Depends a lot on the fight, fights where you can time your aoe healing with massive raid damage i'd change the 4set with any pve gear that got more spirit and masteyr and chose holy avenger, on fights where the damage is moderate i'd go with 4set bonus, otherwise i wouldnt.

Yea thats the reason I thought, but if your doing PvP build you are like a druid blanket healing raid with EF. You do so much healing for nearlly no mana and tanks get like 90k/s

Quote Originally Posted by Jeddy View Post
    Hi guys new to forums, wonder if you could enlighten me on a few questions.

>>My current character<< (May need to relog gear when I get home from work)

I am currently going with the whole 4P PvP set bonus hype mainly because I haven't had the gear I want drop yet but also because it is very viable, the other holy paladin in my guild rapes with it and he only has the rare version.

1. Should I drop this ASAP for 2p PvE tier? I was planning on waiting till I can replace all PvP slots before I changed or rush for the 4p PvE bonus.

2. Trinket wise, I see several of your healers are already dropping their darkmoon decks to the heroic versions of Qin-Xi's and Spirits of the Sun trinkets, so far trying to make my crane deck I have finished 2 tigers, a ox and a serpent and dead realm is dead. Should I still try and get the card badly? My guild isnt exactly flying through progressions but I have the normal version of these 2 currently.

Any help would be mucho appreciated!
    Thanks,
    Jeddy.
    For healing output alone on many fights(think Garalon,Will of the Emp, etc, fights where periodic dmg happens) the PvP set(even in its slightly nerfed version) demolishes the heroic valor upgraded PvE set.So don't replace it for 2 set specially if the 2 set is something like gloves+ pants.

Trinket wise. On armory you have the normal version of the spirit trinket and the spirits of the sun. Chi-ji beats spirit of the sun in a straight out fight(better proc for paladins), but not by enough to be worth the investment at this point in the expansion. I would recommend that you stick with what you have and spend the money by fixing your wrists or something.

Also don't use the useless Glyph of Illumination.

Much appreciated man!

I didnt see any other massive gain from losing this glyph, most fights I cant manage to get melee attacks off for mana but tons of holy shocks. Regens a suprising amount throughout the fight but I will change if you think it best.

Much appreciated man!

I didnt see any other massive gain from losing this glyph, most fights I cant manage to get melee attacks off for mana but tons of holy shocks. Regens a suprising amount throughout the fight but I will change if you think it best.
    The glyph causes the loss of combat mana regeneration(Holy Insight returns 10% less mana means you lose spirit regen as well). The loss(about 1300-1700mp5) is not made up by the mana gain from Holy Shocking with the glyph. The glyph is more or less a nerf to its user.

Thanks again, will make more glyphs and change around me thinks.

<3

How about the blue pvp 4set against random normal epics from msv/hof/lfr?
    I've had massive healing at times with the 4set but pretty bad result at others.

Sorry for necro'ing your thread, Jeddy
    p.s; saw that you still have illumination glyph, might want to switch that out for - let's say - the lay of hands glyph for free mana.
    Last edited by Mifuyne; 9th December 2012 at 07:44.
    Nuclear Fusion

The 4P Normal PvP set is still amazing in the right fights, it has lots of sockets you can use for spirit gems but you can also go full intellect with it and the EF ticks really hard.

The 4P Normal PvP set is still amazing in the right fights, it has lots of sockets you can use for spirit gems but you can also go full intellect with it and the EF ticks really hard.
    No. EF ticks are probably the HoT with the least amount gained from spellpower.

The blue PvP set alone is not worth it instead of 489/496 epics.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast